Service Centre Assistants
Location: Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
The Canadian Red Cross is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world. We are currently seeking key volunteer personnel, with demonstrated leadership skills, who can help implement our Health Equipment Loan Program in Port Hawkesbury and manage day-to-day operations on site.
As a member of this dynamic team, you will administer loans and returns of health equipment, ensure that health equipment is clean and in good working order, provide information to clients on Red Cross programs and services, provide referrals to other community agencies as required, issue receipts for financial donations and perform daily reception and administrative functions.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have an outgoing personality with demonstrated leadership capability;
- Have a proven ability to communicate and make decisions in a potentially fast-paced environment;
- Be strong in the area of relationship building;
- Be flexible and willing to work a minimum of four hours a week;
- Have basic computer skills;
- Obtain a clean criminal record check
If you possess the necessary qualifications, and have the desire to help people in need in your community, we have a role for you in our organization!
Please respond to this opportunity by submitting your resume to:
Katheryn Pelly, Service Centre Coordinator email@example.com
Jenny Overmars, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Red Cross
36 Market Street,
Antigonish, NS B2G 3B4
Posted: June 20, 2011